In 2018, student loans in the United States exceeds $1.5 trillion dollars, eleven percent of which are 90 days or more behind on their payments. [source]
That’s why we introduced the The AvidWater Student Relief Scholarship, an annual scholarship of $2,500.00 for students with outstanding student loans.
To date, we’ve awarded $7,500 to 3 students, and intend to continue the scholarship into 2019.
- Deadline: September 1st, 2019
- Winner Selection Date: September 15th, 2019
- Amount: $2,500.00 USD (United States Dollar)
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education at an accredited institution in the United States;
- Has student loans with accounts in good standing (not behind on payments, if any);
- Individuals born in 1989 or later.
How to qualify:
Write a 1,000 word persuasive essay on one of the following questions:
- What impact does global warming have on fresh water supplies in North America?
- What technologies are hopeful for providing clean water to developing nations?
- What can be done to combat drought in the United States?
The winning essay will be selected based on writer talent, quality of arguments and credibility of sources and data.
Please send your essay, as a PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.